Friday, January 22, 2016

Room



I have started slow this movie year and as the Oscar Nominations were announced I realized that I had not seen three of the eight nominees for best picture and had seen only one of the best actress nominees. Tonight I saw "ROOM".  HOLY CRAP!

Room is a drama that starts with the fifth birthday of a little boy. I lives in a room with his mother. She has been held captive for seven years and he all five of his. All he knows is the room. They have a TV but he does not know what is real and what is TV. He knows Mice and spiders are real but he thinks trees, dogs, and people are "TV".  Thus the drama unfolds.

It is emotionally gripping. It is funny and sad. Horrible and fascinating. The boy narrates, as the story grabs your heart.

When it ends (and well), you realize that we take too many things for granted in life.  I shows us that we miss more than we should.

It is truly outstanding.  I wish I could compel all to watch.  It is "R" for some very real reasons. But the acting of Brie Larson and the son, Jacob Tremblay will knock you out.  He is a youngster but he makes you live his life through his eyes. He should have been nominated.

That's all I will say.

2016 Movie #2.  I give it *****stars with a bullet.

No comments: