Thursday, December 31, 2015

Mike's Favorite Movies

If you read my drivel you know that I rate movies from one to five stars based on the following:

1.  Did I like it.
2.  Did it move me emotionally.
3.  Is it entertaining, historical or thought-provoking.
4.  Was it creative and well crafted.

I could care less what the movie ratings or critics say (although I read them). Most critics judge by is it a new idea. Critics also don't like comedies unless they are extremely controversial.  I haven't seen all the movies either so this can't be a years 10 best.  BTW I didn't want to see many of the movies critics liked!

Here are my ***** star movies in alphabetical order:

Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Concussion
Hateful 8
Love & Mercy
Martian
Steve Jobs
Trumbo

My ****1/2 star movies that could be ***** star are

Sicario
Theory of Everything (from 2014, did not see until 2015)

Other movies with special merit ****star were

Spy, American Ultra, Still Alice, Paper Towns, Ex Machina, and Intern


IT WAS A GOOD YEAR AT THE MOVIES AND I SAW 63 OF THEM.

No comments: