Monday, November 2, 2015

Those Three Words

In a Table Talk in worship Sunday I told about reading a story in Richard Beck's blog where he told about a session of his prison ministry where he was talking about God's Love for us. One of the inmates raised their hand and asked, "How can I believe that God loves us when no one in my life has ever told me that they loved me? My father never told me he loved me. My mother never told me that."


Last week Mike Gundy, Head football coach at Oklahoma State University, was asked about how he helped his players cope with the OSU Homecoming accident.  It was also mentioned that OSU has dealt with two plane crashes of the basketball program in the past three years. He said that former Basketball Coach Eddie Sutton gave him the best advice that he follows daily.  Eddie told him that the most important things that he could do for his players was to tell them that he loves them EVERY DAY.

Cool Stuff.

No comments: