Friday, November 6, 2015

George Barris



I discovered George Barris at 9 years old. My brother bought hot rod magazines in the 1950's and I would look at them. The custom cars and street rods fascinated me and led me to model cars. Which in turn led me to building my own custom "model" cars using the kits that I could buy. Soon I was buying parts and parts of kits directly from the factory and my fate as a designer had began.

George Barris was known as the King of custom cars. My hero. Almost every car that you have seen in TV shows and many movies were designed by him. From the Batmobile to General Lee; From the A-team van to the Munster's coach;  he was the man.

By high school had had almost 100 cars on display in my bedroom.  This talent served my well in College where I used a model 18-wheeler in my thesis project.

No more talk. Here are the things that inspired me.





No comments: