Wednesday, November 11, 2015

There's Burnt and also Burnt Out!

I've see two movie in the last week. One movie was  "Spectre" the latest James Bond flick and the other was "Burnt".




Since high school when me and my two friends stood in a two block line at the Circle Theater in Tulsa to see "Goldfinger" on Christmas night, I have seen them all. From "Doctor No" to "Spectre"; from good James Bonds to bad ones, form cartoon-like stories to intense ones like the current Daniel Craig ones.  Along comes "Spectre" and James Bond is BURNT OUT.  It is an okay story with the super villain that wants to control the world and there is a Bond girl and he still drinks martinis.  But as Mr. Craig has said to the press, he wants out. It shows in the movie.  It is a good popcorn movie but not memorable.

As a movie I give it **1/2 stars. 2015 Movie #50




"Burnt" on the other hand was very good. Iy may be because I like food movies and Bradley Cooper, but it came at a time that I needed a movie about someone who screwed up and is trying to re-build their place in the business. The chef, Cooper, is a guy who grew to be one a the top chefs in Paris but wasted it away with booze, drugs and arrogance.  We don't see this part but get the drift quickly. We watch the labor and sweat while he gets rid of demons and changes into the person he could be.

Great Movie but you will leave wanting to cook something. Great cast as well.

I give it ***1/2 stars. 2015 movie #51

No comments: