Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oscars



Just for kicks I always pick my choices for the Academy Awards. I saw all Best Picture nominees, but not all actor and actress awards. So I will do what the real pickers do and say who I pick and then who probably will.

Best Supporting Actor:  My pick is J.K.Simmons for Whiplash.  He will win.

Best Supporting Actress: My pick is Patricia Arquette for Boyhood.  She will win.

Best Actor: My pick is Michael Keaton for Birdman. Word has it that Eddie Redmayne will win.
Keaton has had the emotional role. Redmayne had the physical role in Theory of Everything (and he is British)!

Best Actress: My pick is Reese Witherspoon for Wild, but I didn't get to see Julianne Moore in Still Alice.  Moore will probably win. She has five nominations but no wins and I hear she is great in this role.

Best Picture: My pick is Boyhood which too 12 years to make, a truly one in a million movie. If it doesn't win  I want BirdMan even though I hear Hollywood went crazy over Grand Budapest Hotel.

Best Director:  Richard Linklater is my pick. This may be one of those weird years when the Best Picture does not produce Best Director.  How can you not pick Linklater when he held a cast and crew together for 12 YEARS! Crazy Good accomplishment!

Best Animated Movie is a Sham.  How can LEGO movie not be nominated?  I don't care who wins this.

Best Song is too hard!  Glory form Selma will probably win but the songs most important to the movie is Lost Stars form Begin Again or Everything is Awesome from Lego Movie.

No comments: