Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Backsliding at the movies



Last year I decided to try to see only good movies.  However my last two have taught me a lesson.  Trailers are becoming very misleading.  James Bond movies have never been R-rated so I should have been more alert that "Kingsman" was rated R.  If you took almost any James Bond movie and inserted "F**K" every six words you have "Kingsman", ALMOST.  The preview of this movie promises great fun and if not for the F-bombs delivered for half a movie.  Everyone likes the young trainee put through the paces against his smug competitors.  Thais the first half.

In the second half  the writes seemed to say, "I wonder how many people we can destroy, mutilate and other wise maim in one hour?"  You get to watch.  Great fun watching hundreds of people's heads explode.

Great possibilities. Sad Results. Good Popcorn.

I give it 1-1/2 stars out of five.  If you must watch, I recommend Netflix.

2015 Movie #12


What I learned:  In the movie the lead guy has a dog named JB.  Someone asked does JB stand for James Bond? No  What about Jason Bourne? No  It's for Jack Bauer!   All the good spys are JB.

Just like at OU everyone of their greats are B.S.  Barry Switzer, Billy Sims, Boomer Sooner, Bob Stoops..... Somethings just fit!

No comments: