Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on 2013

All things considered this has been a good year.  The family was healthy this year and the grand kids are growing into their real selves.  Each grandson is very different: Avery is all about baseball and video; Addison is all football and fishing; Asher is happy with anything.and the granddaughter, Kinley is, well, the next ruler of Earth.

I am both settled and unsettled at work.  It is impossible for someone like me, who has had their own business for 20 years, to easily accept other ways.  It works much of the time, but sometimes it doesn't:  My old clients expect me to treat them like I always have, but sometimes I can't.  It has cost me a couple of clients, but it is NOT my firm.

We did not travel much this year but had great times with short trips to Houston, Fort Worth, OKC  and Northwest Arkansas. We also started going to more concerts including Jimmy Buffet (twice ), Paul McCartney,  Paul Thorn and others.  We did not make our CMA or ACM trips and won't until Country music gets better.

Favorite Concert:  Jimmy Buffet in Tulsa
Favorite Movies: Mud and Ender's Game (saw them twice)
Favorite Books:  Jack Reacher series and Andy Stanley's "Deep and Wide"
Favorite Sports Event: OSU and Mississippi State in Houston
Favorite Trip: Fayetteville to Crystal Bridges and then to Kathy Mattea concert (Because Carol was with me.
Favorite New Music: OneRepublic, and Bruno Marrs
Favorite NewTV Shows:  House of Cards,  Arrow
Favorite Old TV Shows: Justified, Home Land, Downton Abbey, Person of Interest, the Good Wife

No comments: