Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ducks, Dynasties and Christianity

I previously made known my thoughts about Mr. Phil Robertson's book "Happy, Happy, Happy" so it is no surprise that Phil's latest thoughts did not please me either.  Let me say again I am not a fan of REDNECK Macho Gospel.  The I am right and you are not - way of communicating Jesus- has never worked for me.

It is interested that Rick Warren was recently interviewed about Gay marriage, etc.  He also stuck by his beliefs about what the Bible teaches but did not offend anyone.  He did it with LOVE.  He even made the statement that, "he wasn't as worried about what the public might think about his remarks as much as what GOD might think."   Too bad Phil did not consider the same.

I can tell by FACEBOOK that most of my friends and fellow Christians are cheering Phil.  ATTABOY.

Phil and I are the same age and I can tell you that Blacks were NOT better off the the 1950-60s than today.  Not in Lousiana and not  in Oklahoma.  The statements are absurd.

What was he doing being interviewed by GQ, one of the most hedonistic magazines in existence.  He fed their need by saying vagina and anus to make for a outrageous word picture.

This whole episode did not have the "if you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed-- (I Peter4:14).

It does sell Duck Commander stuff!

No comments: