Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Movies, a Good Year

2013 was a good year for movies.  We will end the year at our 58th movie.(Last year: 46).  We have become more discerning but there have been better movies.  I believe that I have only walked out of 3 movies.  Tonight will be our last movie and a first as well.  I made movie reservations at the AMC20. Picked our seats on line, paid and all. In this theater all seats are reclining seats, and plenty of room.

As for this year's movies this is my list. It includes only 4 star or better movies out of five.  The rating was at the time of viewing and sometimes I look back and say: "That was too high or too low."  my list is calendar year  and a few of the films were part of last years Oscar race, but did not come to Oklahoma until 2013.  I will list them by ranking but have not placed them in order of preference.

*****Star

There was one:  

12 Years a Slave

****1/2 Star

There were 3:   

Gravity
                         
Ender's Game

Sapphires

**** Star

There were 13
                         
Zero Dark Thirty
Searching For Sugarman
Django
42
Mud
Way Way Back
The Butler
Prisoners
Rush
Captain Phillips
Out of the Furnace
Philomena
American Hustle




No comments: