Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Joke's on Me

One of my favorite joke's relating to terminating employment is:

The company owner tells all the staff to line up side by side. He then announces, "Everyone that works here, take one step forward."  " Not so fast Mike!"

I have a client that I have worked for for 19 years. I designed the original building, two additions and a master plan, and two remodels. Last night I attended a meeting with them and found that they were hiring my replacement.  And I am on the Board! ( at my Church!)

Did not see that coming!  

"not so fast Mike!"


Then we get farther down the agenda dealing with a sign project I have been working on and was told it was canceled!

It will teach me to miss a meeting .........that or It will teach me to go to meetings!

Yikes a hooty!


PS. I am very ok about it because I labor by the rule that says: If you don't want what I have to offer,I know who does. The Lord has provided plenty of churches that need my help. Thank You Lord !



1 comment:

Holly RM said...

UMMMM -- that is not cool. What the what? Did any of the other "board members" have the decency to give you a heads up? Sometimes I just don't know anymore, you know? I am so sorry. And mortified. Even though I am not on the board and clearly have no vote.