Monday, July 1, 2013

Buying a Car

When I bought my first car in 1963, it was a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria. I paid $450.00. To start using that car I needed insurance and that 's all.

We bought a new car last week. I also needed to get insurance AND:

1. Change the Pikepass over to the new car and get the sticker.
2. Drop XM from the old car and start XM on the new one.
3  Register online for Toyota Entune so that we can get "bing", "pandora", I
"I heart radio", "open table" and "movie tickets.com" , fuel guide, traffiic, and weather in the car besides the navigation.
4 then I had to register for all those apps! 
5. Then it was time to set up "Homelink" ( the automatic garage door opener).  We found out that in recent years the garage door opener that came with the garage is missing. Carol had to drive to Tulsa today to get an opener so that we could sync it with Homelink.

Progress


I would not want to go back though. It was just an AM radio, roll down the window if your hot, and stop and ask directions if you were lost.  We didn't have Pike Pass because we didn't have PIKES.

Gas was only 30 cents a gallon, but 30 cents was just as hard to get as 3 dollars.

I'll take my AC and XM.  Thank you very much.


No comments: