Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Guilt Trip

It 's been too long since I've been to the movies.  I finally said to myself that though the good Christmas movies won't start until tomorrow, I would find one of the better bad ones.  That would be "The Guilt Trip".    It is not a bad movie, just not a grand movie.  Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand are the main players. And the first half the movie is excruciating!  It is several minutes of a nagging Jewish Mother who meddles in her grown son's life.  AND THEN just when your ready to leave the theater, it gets good.  The movie is a road trip across the country and is funny, sad, crazy and real. Sometimes too real.

The Seth character is an inventor trying to sell his product to big box retailers with no luck and takes his Mother across country to places like Nashville, Lubbock,  and Las Vegas.  It is PG-13 with only one F-bomb (and not by Seth.)

It was what I needed tonight.  But I'm ready for the big movies,


I give it 2 1/2 stars.  2012 Movie #42

No comments: