Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflections of 2012

This has been an unusual year.  My first full year of being an employee instead of Manager or Owner since 1978. All of the time during that span I have been responsible for payroll and receivables especially the past 18 years.  I have been Partner, owner, Principal Manager, VP etc. for a long time.  While I still have many of the same responsibilities as the past, THIS YEAR THEY DIDN'T COME HOME WITH ME.  Most younger employees want security in their jobs, but I know that their jobs have NO security.  I know what is going through the boss's mind, and it doesn't bother me at all.

The firm is continuing to grow and after working only in eastern Oklahoma for most of my career, I now have projects in Shawnee, Lawton, and the Panhandle which has given me needed variety.  I lost a couple of long time clients to politics but was amazed that I wasn't bothered. 

My family continues to grow and excel.  My son had a severe medical set back that messed up his health and his job.  But he and I see God stepping in to improve his life and his future.  We all mend when the LORD is our Shepherd.

I have slowed down a lot and made some changes. Minor Changes include: replacing NASCAR with the Thunder, going to less but better movies (45), and reading even more.  Major Changes still in progress include: Learning to be present and in the moment, learning  deeper prayer and relationship with GOD and learning to let go.

My church family is in a state of change.  I usually would be "Hip Deep" in the changes but for the first time feel that I have been told to sit it out.  It goes against my nature, but it is not mine to say.


It has been a good year but 2013 will be a great year.

My favorites:
Favorite Concert:   Tie: George Strait,Martina McBride  &  Paul Thorn
Favorite Movie: Lincoln
Favorite Books:  Steve Jobs, Soul Work by Randy Harris
Favorite Sports Event:  Thunder vs Lakers (Playoff game)
Favorite Event: with Carol

Happy New Year!



No comments: