Thursday, November 22, 2012

Life of PI: Eye of the Tiger

Well, I never finished the book before the movie came out BUT I did see the movie. I will begin by saying that the movie has been compared to "Avatar" and it comparison makes sense.  This movie breaks ground in Cinema in cinematography and vision.  We could not make the 3D version, but I assure you that you want to see it in 3D.
This is an outstanding story of survival and coping against all odds.  You will talk and think about this for days. It  (like Lincoln) made me want to see it again.  While there is only one known actor (who plays a cameo), the cast is great!  A young boy is part of a ship wreck that takes his family and most of their zoo animals.  This castaway is lost at sea for over 200 days with a tiger as companion, enemy, and challenge.

We went to see it on the 33rd anniversary of our daughter's funeral. Why this made a difference to me is:  33 years ago we faced our on shipwreck. Coming face to face with death of family and an uncertain future while holding on to God's leading is the essence of this movie.  

There is a very religious aspect to this movie. The boy, PI Patell, has explored Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity.

It is a stout movie that doesn't appeal to the young, but there is no profanity, sex, car chases or rock and roll in the movie.


We are on a roll right now with another great movie.

I give it ****stars.  2012 Movie #41

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me breakfast because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this subject here on your site.

Feel free to surf to my homepage http://www.sexypinkteens.org