Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Words

Many of us dream of writing a best selling book. I have even tried my hand and have about four  different ideas swimming in my head.  

My movie of the week is "The Words". This is a layered movie.
It is a story about a story inside another story.  The movie is PG40. The overall story is about the choices we make in life and living with the consequences.  A writer who can't get published finds an old manuscript in a briefcase at a Paris antique store.  He types it as his own and becomes an instant best seller.  Life is good until he meets the real writer.  Now there are two stories.   But No, these stories are narrated by the author of another book.

The movie stars Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Irons, and Dennis Quaid as the three writers.  This movie will provoke discussion on your way home.   I liked it a lot even though "Rotten Tomatoes" gave it an 18 for lack of originality!  

I give it ***1/2 stars. 2012 movie 32

No comments: