Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bad Marketing


I have been reading "Architectural Record" magazine since college. It has been a most anticipated arrival each month for the last 492 months. It used to be an expensive subscription, but a few years ago they became the official magazine of the American Institute of Architects. All AIA members got it for free!

In the last year  or so the AIA dropped their affiliation with AR.  And they went back to subscription only. To date I haven't resubscribed though it get monthly discount offers for as little as $26 a year.  Here's the deal that offer comes with the magazine.  I get 4 copies of "Architectural Record" every month with a sticker attached for me to subscribe so that I can receive it!

I probably would if they stopped sending it, but I have received copies for the last 16 months!

I hope the add sales keep up!

No comments: