Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On Preaching 2



When I preached last Sunday, I walked to the edge of politics. I am one who believes that politics has NO place in the CHURCH family or  Worship.  I think I said so in a few words. The jest of my words were that we belong to Jesus and not the Democratic or Republican Parties.  We would do much more to help the world by "being Jesus to our neighbors" than taking partisan sides.  Jesus said that we should give to Caesar what is his and to God what is his and it is ALL GOD's!

I tried as much as possible to say NO MATTER WHO IS ELECTED GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!

Then after church I had two different people come up to me and say, "I know what you said BUT can you tell me who you think I should vote for?"

They didn't listen close!

Another even said, "I can tell by the sermon, you must be a Republican."

I didn't know I was THAT good!  Or more likely they were on medicine.

No comments: