Saturday, September 19, 2015

Uneasy Treat - Grandma


So-I was checking for new movies and saw that "Grandma" starring Lily Tomlin got a 91 rating by Rotten Tomatoes.  I read the basic story which said that the "Grandma" character was a sarcastic former professor who was dealing with her daughter and grand daughter.  The story was about a day when the grand daughter needs $600 dollar by the end of the day (A day in the life of......)

Great ratings.

So we went.  Right off the bat I realized that I was over my head. Grandma is a lesbian! And the $600 dollars is for an abortion! YIKES!  I said to myself: Had I known this I would have gone to Everest.

I'm glad I saw this.  This story shows the raw unfiltered lives of a very dysfunctional family. Grandma has to go to various people who were part of her life. We also sees her bad relationship with her controlling daughter (Marcia Gay Harden).  We also meet Grandma's one time boy friend (Sam Elliot) and the rest.  The story is tremendous.  Even the idea of abortion is shown pro and con and deals with the lasting effects on one's life.  Nothing is gloried in this movie just life.

It is R for language.

I would not recommend that Republicans see this!

I do think that Christians might get a good message.

I give this movie ***1/2 stars

2015 Movie $43

No comments: