Saturday, August 9, 2014

100 Foot Journey



The critics say that this is an average movie. But while it is as the previews show, it is well worth seeing.  I judge this type of movie by two basic items: Was I worth my investment and did it stir my emotions.  "100 Foot Journey" passes both.  It is a movie about Food, Ambition, Clash of Cultures, Prejudice, love and loss, and passion for something.
Helen Mirren is always great, but the full cast was equal to the task.  If you like movies like "Chef", you will like this. There is an interesting story with in the movie that asks the question: "If you can pursue your passion to the very top, will you really be happy?"  I got to answer that question in my life, and the movie examines the issue very well.

FYI  The movie is produced by Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey who have a little knowledge concerning following your passion.

Also eat before you watch it.

I give it ***1'2 stars out of 5.  2014 Movie 35

No comments: