Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Last Time!

I went down to the Music Hall of Fame in our town and was taught a lesson.

First the back story:

A three years ago there was a dream (at least a dream of mine) to build an Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame to honor the music and those that make music in our state.  It was agreed to start with small projects and work our way to the full blown thing.  I approached the Board to build a children's music exhibit as a test and a model for the future.  We got an old Railroad caboose, put an idea together and even hired a Nationally known exhibit company to build it.  Money was raised and money was spent.

While the exhibit was being built, it was uncovered that money was being double-dipped from the account (A true accident by the director) causing money problems.  Since then the board has turned against the finished exhibit.  There was never a grand opening, the $200,000 exhibit sets in the dark. At our last meeting one of the staff even stated that the exhibit was not very good. 

I guess I did not fully understand what was being said. Tonight at the music show I noticed that the exhibit was unlocked.  To my surprise the exhibit is now a storage room with tables and boxes stacked against custom made wall exhibits.

It was like someone was giving me the finger.

It told me all I needed to know.

I suggest that the caboose rooms be converted to restrooms that are much needed for the weddings and meetings.  The exhibits should be donated to the new Children's Museum that is in its early stages.  Vince Gill's $12,000 dollars should get his name on the Men's Room.

That's all I have to say on that subject.

No comments: