Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lego, The Movie


When I saw the trailer for the movie: LEGO, The Movie, I thought that it looked like a lame attempt to sell more Legos.  The Grandsons were coming for the weekend and were already saying they want to see this movie. Groan.  Then I started reading the reviews. Why would Rotten Tomato give it a 96%?  Why would the "Oklahoman" give it 4stars and only give "Monuments Men" 3 stars?  So I got interested.

We went today and was glad I did. It is as entertaining a movie as is available.  Legos are a creative product and this is as witty and creative as anything out.  I say this even though I have a 4 year old shouting "Everything is Awesome" over and over in the background.  (Think: "It's A Small World")

The voice cast includes Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman, and Liam Neeson.  Their voices and characters match them perfectly.  The back story is hidden until the end and proves to be a treat. There are many great jokes and gags that are new and fresh. It is an adult story for kids too.

I won't tell you the story because you need  to see it.

Just remember: Believe is not just a Cat Poster.

I give it ****stars,  2014 movie #7

No comments: