Thursday, January 17, 2013

Great Football Quotes

School
Alex Carras/ Iowa & NFL: "I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower."  


Duffy Daugherty/Michigan State: "I could have been a Rhodes Scholar  ...... except for the grades."

Winning
Shug Jordan/Alabama: "Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David."

Loosing
Spike Dykes/Texas Tech: "They whipped us like a tied up goat."

Darrell Royal/Texas: "They cut us up like boarding house pie....and that's real small pieces."

Recruiting
Walt Garrison/Oklahoma State & Dallas Cowboys: "I asked Darrell Royal why he didn't recruit me and he said: "Well Walt, we took a look at you and you weren't any good."

Booby Bowen/Florida State:  "Son, you've got a good engine, but your hands aren't on the steering wheel."

No comments: