Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting Naked!

Got your attention!

My daughter, Lindsey, visited this holiday weekend and told me about a management seminar that she attended. She brought me one of her assigned books and I almost inhaled it. I could not put it down.
The book is "Getting Naked: A business fable about shedding the three fears that sabotage client loyalty" by Patrick Lencioni.

The fable part was scarily similar to my last year.  It concerns a large consulting firm that buys a small firm that operates totally different.  That got my attention.

The book is about consulting with clients by using vulnerability!  The three fears explained are
1. fear of losing the business
2.fear of being embarrassed
3. fear of feeling inferior 

When you read this list, it probably makes no sense, but I can assure you there is much to think about.

It is about doing your all for the client.

It has my mind going 100mph!

2012 Book #8

No comments: