Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Iron Lady




I went to see my first movie of the year and a good way to start "my year of better movies".

We saw "Iron Lady", the Meryl Streep movie about the life of Margaret Thatcher, the first female Prime Minister of Great Britain. The movie lets us see her as she is in her later years with flashbacks that reveal her early life, her years of service, and her family life. While I cannot judge the historical accuracy, Meryl as usual, totally nails the mannerisms and the look of the real person (see the photo comparison). Jim Broadbent plays her husband and does a great acting job as the man "behind the scenes."

NOTE: We were at a packed theater today (we sat on the second row!), and while I didn't take role, no one seemed be be younger than 50! Same thing happened when we went to see "War Horse" Young adults are missing some good movies. hope they catch them on NET FLICKS!
They would go to see "Iron Man"!

I give it ****stars.

2012 movie #2

No comments: