Friday, January 20, 2012

Contraband



It was Friday and I needed a movie. This time I didn't need a great movie (Tom Hanks will wait!).
I needed a popcorn movie. Last week that I said I would wait to see Mark Walberg's "Contraband" when it made DVD, but today I gave in. Timing was right and I occasionally need a "revenge" type story since I can't do that myself. (There is a "Moral problem" with that statement but I will pass for now.)

Contraband is a solid Hollywood plot used by westerns, cop movies, etc. Guy, who has gone straight after years of bad living, is forced to do one more "job" to free a family member. It is fun but it is R. Actually if should be rated F for F-bombs! In the first five minutes they wanted us to know that these guys are mean and mean guys say "F***" a lot, I guess. After the first five minutes things calmed down a bit. It is a fun ride as most Walberg movies are but it won't tax your brain.

I give it **1/2 stars. 2012 Movie #3

Carmike Men's Room Update: I am proud to say that they finally changed the burned out lights and of the three urinals, TWO are now working!

No comments: