Saturday, July 1, 2017

Baby Driver

"Baby Driver" was a song in 1970 by Simon and Garfunkel:

"My daddy was the family bassman
My mamma was an engineer
And I was born one dark gray morn
With music coming in my ears
In my ears..."

The Movie is about a young guy who walks and drives with music "coming in his ears" by iPod.
He is a getaway driver for a gorp of robbers. The gang led by Doc (Kevin Spacey) and the gang played by Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx, and others. Baby is played by Ansel Elgort and his girl friend, Lily James: Two actors we will see much more of.

This his a fun, action movie where the songs on his iPod are the soundtrack of the story and are constantly discussed in the witty dialogue. No CGI here. All action is man-made.

This is favorite movie so far. It gives me the same smile that "Hell or High Water" did last year. (Also a movie about bank robbery!)

Great adult fun.

I give it *****stars. 2017 movie 24. 

No comments: