Sunday, May 7, 2017

Ber Rabbit and Ber Fox


As a kid, "Ber Rabbit and Ber Fox" was one of my favorite Disney Stories. The Rabbit was always being hunted by the Fox.  When the day came that he was caught, he pleaded with the Fox to do anything to him except, "Please Mr. Fox, Don't throw me into that Briar Patch!" "Anything but that."
As the story goes the Fox gladly tossed him into the patch only to learn that the "Briar Patch" was the Rabbit's home and place of safety.

Now in 2017 I became Ber Rabbit!

Having been in a protracted battle with my ex-employer who sued me for leaving his firm, sued my new firm, etc.  he sued for 300,000 dollars plus attorney's fees (another $200,000). It finally came down to one email that seemed to help Ber Fox. My attorney recommended filing for protection under current bankruptcy laws.  I first thought that all was lost but as the smoke cleared nothing happened. Everything in my firm and my personal life was protected except for one Briar Patch:

The Briar Patch: We owned and were about six months from paying off three "Time Share properties that we bought years ago. Two properties were paid and one in Florida was still fluid. Of course if you've ever bought such a property, you know that maintenance fees are forever and in our case about $200 a month.  We have been trying to get out of them ever since our daughter went to work for Hilton.  Through Hilton Friends and Family, we can stay at a Hilton property for less than at the timeshare!  BTW you can NEVER sell a timeshare for their worth.

Ber Fox however wanted to take something (anything) from me and so he settled for TAKING my timeshares.  He even had to pay $8,000 for the privilege and take up the maintenance payments.

"Please Mister Fox whatever you do, Don't take my timeshares!"

Ber Rabbit.

No comments: