Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Scary Movies



As a rule I do watch Scary Movies. The slasher, or zombie or high body count teen thrillers are not for me.  There is some that appeal to me such as the last two movies that I viewed.

"Life" is the story of a group of astronauts on an International Space Station that receive a specimen from a Rover Robot that has come from Mars. It contains a microbe that is believed to be proof of LIFE on Mars. They will study it in Space and not risk bringing it to earth.  Ok so far?

All I need to say is: For what comes next, think of "Alien".  It gets wild, wooly and scary.

The end is a big surprise but getting there is half the fun.  Great popcorn movie.

I give it ***1/2 stars. 2017 movie 13



The next is "Get Out" a fil that gets great reviews but little attention. He have thought about this a long time before going.  (Nothing else good in our area).  Glad I did.  Let's take about three different stories: "Guess whose coming to Dinner?, Stepford Wives, and lets just say "Twilight Zone". Mix well and add some dark comedy.  Great Movie.   The horror and scary feeling is in your mind more than on the screen. It is well crafted and well acted.

I give it *****stars . 2017 movie 14

No comments: