Saturday, March 11, 2017

Catching Up at the Movies

Weird collection of movie:  An aging superhero, a monster from my youth and a Shack.




"Logan" is of course the "Wolverine" of the X-Men series. And as any animal, he is getting long in the tooth.  This is one of those stories of passing the torch to a younger version of him although a girl.  It is a fitting end for Logan. I had to see it through but lets face it Logan needs to rest.

2017 Movie #10   I give it ***stars.


"The Shack" is a movie that I dreaded like i dreaded the book. Having dealt with the death of a daughter (actually never finishing), it is not entertainment.  The movie in many ways is better than the book because it condenses without missing the point.  The gist of the story is the importance of our connection with God and our friends and family.  People debate the theology that is implied in the book, but the message is much simpler. Sometimes we have to get out of our way and our mind and open up to God and open up to see those who love us and need our love.  Hate and guilt and grudges keep us bottled up.  I loved this version of the story.

2017 Movie #11  I give it ****1/2 stars

Ok, "Kong, Skull Island" is a pleasure of my youth.  I loved King Kong as a kid. It was the first story of greed and men who just want to make money if it it risk people and things. King Kong was one of those Things.  This retelling is filled with Hollywood A-list actors and is great action fun.  not was what I needed to end the week.  AND I liked it in 3D.

2017 Movie #12  I give it **** stars

No comments: