Thursday, March 3, 2016

My worlds collide: Movies and Church

In April and May I will preside over an adult class on Sunday Morning called: "Movies, Jesus and Life".   I am taking the themes of the eight best picture nominees and applying them to our lives when compared the Jesus' teachings.  I hope to show the trailers of each movie, talk about it's theme and then go for it.  Remember "Spotlight" is about abuse in the Church; "Room" is about living with a limited point of view, "Martian" is about not only survival but being left for dead and "Brooklyn" is about being torn between two words. "Revenant" is about revenge AND coming back from the dead.
We will discuss "Mad Max", the "Big Short" and  "Bridge of Spies" from Jesus' point of view.

I have been dwelling on this for some time. Hope it works.  Might be my first R class!

No comments: