Sunday, February 28, 2016

Oscar 2016

To the one of you that still read my drivel, here is my oscar comments:


Best Actor will probably be Leonardo Dicaprio for"Revenant"  Good Jobe among many good actors.
Best Actress should be Bree Larson for the "Room".  She runs the gambit of all possible emotions. I will be disappointed if she doesn't.

My pick for Best Picture is "Spotlight": Emotional true story with the best cast possible.  "Revenant" may win because the Best Director and best movie are usually the same.

While really can't comment about the supporting roles. I see where they will probably it one to Stallone because he has been Rocky for 40 years.  This is similar to giving John Wayne best actor for "True Grit" because they failed to reward him for previous years of movie roles.  It hope Mark Ruffalo gets it, but have not seen all the nominees.  By the same token I would like Jennifer Jason Leigh to get it for "Hateful 8". That movie deserves a nod of some kind.

This was a great movie year.

No comments: