Monday, October 5, 2015

Martians - My World's Collide


My favorite book of fiction so far this year was "The Martian". I missed it when it first was released but glad I discovered it. I was also happy to know that the main character of the book was going to be played by Matt Damon when the movie was released. 

First the book (audio download) was great and intense! It was so well written that the mental images flooded me and I was along for the adventure.

Now the movie is out and I must say it is equally great but different.  Because it was a two hour movie, many scenes and happening were omitted. I agree with a friend who said that this book should have been a mini-series.   The remaining story will serve everyone well.  Some have said things like:

It is "Castaway" for a new generation.

The movie is not as tense as the book because of the condensed nature.

Matt Damon was perfect!

NASA even says that the movie is accurate except for the Dust storms and is very pleased.

One reviewer stated that it ranks next the "2001 Space Oddessey" as the best Space movies.

PG13 for Language (when you are stuck on Mars, you will CUSS)

I give it *****stars

2015 movie 45

No comments: