Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Interstellar




Okay, Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors.  He did "Inception" and "Memento" and so he does challenge me. You cannot take his stories for granted, Even his Batman trilogy was not ordinary super hero stuff.

"interstellar" is a modern day version of the dust bowl.  America is a large dust bowl. Everyone is in survival mode. NASA has gone underground.  So we slowly meet a diverse cast of small town farmers, space scientists and former astronauts.   The movie stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, Topher Grace, Michael Cain, and John Lithgow. WOW!

Lets go save the planet or maybe life in general!

Watch closely because Mr. Nolan has tricks up his sleeve.  Fun movie. Wild Graphics. Surprise end.

See it in IMAX. I wish I had.

I give it ***1/2 stars. 2014 movie #47

No comments: