Sunday, June 8, 2014

Take This Job and .............



Three years ago I embarked on a Grand Adventure.  After being self employed for 19 years, the idea of not being concerned with making payroll every two weeks and putting up with the IRS sounded very appealing. I went to work for an established architectural firm and threw myself into it.  The man that owned the company was a micro-manager type and for 24 months everything was fine.  I even brought many of my clients with me on this journey. However, I have been there 37 months and 24 days. The last 13 months and 24 days have been hard on me and harder on my clients. The question:  "Why don't you quit your crappy job?" first came from my clients. 

THE CLIENT IS ALWAYS RIGHT

I suddenly occurred to me:  "Maybe I shouldn't work for someone who doesn't care about the clients, worships the ground he walks on, and operates is business like the "soup Nazi on a good day".

I better stop before I get negative.

I quit.







No comments: