Monday, December 6, 2010

Megamind- Stir it till it Stinks 2


This summer I posted some thoughts about people that "stir it till it stinks". Problem was at least two readers took offense because they thought the blog was about them. Funny how that happens.
The Movie, "Megamind" made me think of a good example of what I was trying to say then. In the movie the Bad guy (Megamind) had defeated his enemy, ransacked the city and was in full control. He then became very unhappy because he realized that the fun was "the fight and the competition". He enjoyed "Stirring things up" more than getting his way.


Years ago I was a member of a church in another city. The associate minister and some others(me included) started a class aiming at unchurched people. We used movie clips, music, drama and talks as the format for a fast moving class. The class quickly grew to several hundred and started getting flack from church members that did not like the use of instrumental music (A Church of Christ thing). The leader accused us of trying to force this brand of music on the whole church and led a charge to get the minister fired. When I saw things slipping and that he was going to be successful, I went to see the leader and said, "Danny, I see that you are going to win and I have just one question for you: What are you going to do then?" He said he didn't understand, but he did. He used his money, power and name to win and became a strong leader, but he didn't know where to go from there.


Here is the wierd part: After the smoke cleared and he felt he prevented "instrumental music" from coming into the Church, he and his family left and now go to First Baptist where they have "instrumental music".
MEGAMINDS think a like!

No comments: