Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ant Man


Ok, I've almost sworn off super hero movies. I'm talking about the ones where someone is trying to destroy the world and always starts with New York City.  The "HERO" comes to the rescue but only after a prolonged fight scene that destroys the city and kills several hundred thousand people and then at the close everyone smiles, hugs and cracks one last joke. Killing was all good fun and after all the computer geeks that made this possible JUST HAD to show the late effect.  Not looking forward to Superman versus Batman, etc.

Then along comes the preview for "Ant Man".  What?  That must have been invented long after I stopped reading comics at the Drug Store.  However it stars Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas. Instant Cred.  The preview had comedy similar to Iron Man and so I gave it shot.  SCORE!

Ant Man is good summer fun. No Cities destroyed and only a toy railroad is taken out.  Ant Man was cool.  "Let's get Small."   Like Iron Man he is a human with a great suit full of tricks.  I won'y dwell on the story but recommend for relief from the heat for two hours with popcorn.

I give it ***1/2 stars.  2015 Movie 34

No comments: