Saturday, June 28, 2014

Changing Lanes

I haven't blogged much lately because of my job change.  I resigned my position with my former firm and started my own firm again. Most people my age are thinking retirement, but I am thinking about what's next. I am not the retiring type.

When I said that I wanted to leave, my employer offered me a $20,000 bonus and to increase my commission percentage.  When I declined that, he came at me with his attorneys, citing a non-compete clause. (Which was outlawed in Oklahoma last year). And then he stated that I owed him $15,000 for over payment of commissions.  Problem is: 1. In the 3 years he never gave me an accounting of earned commissions.  2. The contract stated that commissions would be paid as fees were paid to the firm by the projects.  Since I was not a part of accounting, payroll, or commissions tabulations, I hardly see where I can be held accountable for anything. 3. Since no updates were provided, I kept my own running tabulation which shows that I am still owed $6,000.00.

The next thing that happened:  In my resignation letter I stated that I had removed my person items from the office.  He sent a letter stated that he did not trust me and believed that I took things owned by him.  Then he states: "Please send me a list of everything removed from the office."  WHAT?  Thought he didn't trust me?

ANY WHO,  Martin Design Associates is up and running!  And I am grinning every day.

More later

No comments: