Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Oscar Guesses


This is the first year in a while that I have seen all movies up for best picture but Amour.
I will do my predictions similar to the critics but list my favorite and then who I think will win.

Best Picture:  Me: Lincoln    Winner: Argo
There is method to this madness.

Best Actor:  Me: Daniel Day Lewis  Winner: Same
If you haven't noticed by now, He doesn't make many movies. When he does he wins. I saw all  the men in this category and all deserved being honored, but Daniel was THE man.

Best Actress:  Me: Jennifer Lewis   Winner: Same
She has not made a bad movie either.  I only saw three of the five nominees!

Best Supporting Actor:  Me: Christoph Waltz, Django  Winner: Toss Up probably DeNiro
I saw all of them and all were great.  I didn't like Hoffman's movie "The Master" but he was good in it.
Waltz was masterful.

Best Supporting Actress: Me:Don't Care  Winner: Anne Hathaway
I saw all but Helen Hunt's role.  I think I got too much unto the ones I saw and the nominees played weird people. NO I did not care for MS Hathaway. She should be up for best musical performer and not for acting.  

Best Director: Me: Spielberg  Winner: Kathryn Bigelow
Since Argo director Ben Affleck was not nominated, it will be one of the few times where things are spread around. My theory is since Lincoln centers on the Role of Daniel Day Lewis he gets best actor.
Since Bradley Copper won't get it for Silver Linings give actress to Lewis.  Argo gets Best Picture and Ms Bigelow gets best Director for Zero Dark Thirty.  That way all four of the Best pictures get awards!

Along with this theory Life of Pi, Les Mis, and Beasts will pick up writing, music, etc.

Thing to always remember: Hollywood likes Politics and Mental patients, but have a harder time with musicals and comedy.

The Movie that I really want to win is "Searching For Sugar Man" Best Documentary.

No comments: