Friday, January 14, 2011

Here's a Dilemma

If you read all the reviews, the movie, "The Dilemma" is a bad movie. Rotten Tomatoes and USA Today, enough others, say never mind. They say Ron Howard's new movie starring Vince Vaughn and Kevin James doesn't know whether it is comedy, drama or "bromance". The dilemma is do you see it? If you like Vince or Kevin then the answer is yes. If you like Ron Howard movies and know he does not do typical comedy then the answer is yes. It is a little too complicated in that Queen Latifa's character is not needed. But the "tattoo guy" is great!

The movie is about best friends who are in business together and in each other's lives. It deals with stress in a real way.

As an old school person will remember "I Love Lucy". You could see Lucy heading to certain trouble and, although funny, caused me to tied tense just the same. This movie has that.

I will say that I am beginning to think that these two stars have the same character in every movie. It is not type casting. It is what they do.

I enjoyed it. It is PG13 for profanity and scenes you wouldn't be comfortable with your teenagers.

I give it **1/2 stars.

2011 Movie#2

No comments: