Monday, October 18, 2010

Cruising


I am starting to get as many offers to go on a cruise as to play in golf tournaments (and I'm not a golfer). I am a fledgling cruiser. Well, I have been twice. Recently my friend Jim who does the show "Hankering for Hank" (a Hank Williams tribute) announced a trip out of Galveston for five days. Rooms were like $1350.00 per ocean view room. Boat is leaving in March and includes travel to the coast.

Today I got an offer from a group at CHURCH for the same trip in February for the same amount of time to the same place (travel to coast not included) for a more economical $800 per room. When I saw the list of those signing up, I had to e-mail the organizer and ask, "Is the 500 mile rule in effect or is everyone going to sneak around and hide from each other among the 2,000 guests?"
I mean with this many people from church on a cruise, we either need to convert everyone on the ship or agree to not be too judgemental!

More as I learn

No comments: